September 18, 2017
Fish and Shellfish – £185.00
Know what great fish looks like? We’ll show you how to identify quality fish, ensure you know what to buy, when and how you want it. This course will teach you preparation and cooking techniques of flat and round fish, shellfish and molluscs; ensuring maximum eating quality and flavour.
• Quality points to help purchase the freshest fish
• During the day you will make kedgeree, mackerel pate, fish cake, bisque, bouillabaisse, tartar sauce and other accompaniments
• Cook and prepare a whole crab
• Filleting variety of fish, boning and portioning fish for its intended use
• Utilising the whole fish – stocks and sauces
• Shellfish preparation, storage and cookery
- Arrival at 9.15am for tea and coffee and course introduction
- Enjoy lunch with some of the mornings dishes
- We will keep you refreshed with tea, coffee and mineral water throughout the day
- Finish course at 3.30pm with some of the day’s cooking to take home with you
To take away: Some of the food cooked on the day and all notes and recipes.
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.