This Statement of Privacy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By using The Woodspeen website or doing business with us, you consent to the data practices described in this statement. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website or do business with us and we recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is WSH and JC Restaurants Limited (“us” or “we” or “our”) of TVP2, 300 Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1PT company registration number 08524322.
Collection Of Your Personal Information from our Website
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information when you fill in forms on our website, such as your e-mail address, name, or telephone number and any other information that you provide us with (whether unique to you or not). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services or requesting further services;
- information when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
Collection of Your Booking Information
Certain booking and purchase functions may require you to provide your name, correspondence address, billing address, phone number, email address and credit card details. You may also be asked to tell us of any food allergies, or health issues that we should be aware of.
We also collect some specific details of your booking including your food and beverage purchase history in order to allow us to provide the best service possible to you at every visit to The Woodspeen. If you would prefer that we did not store this information about your visits, please contact us on the details listed below.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use Of Your Personal Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow us to provide you with the best service possible when you visit The Woodspeen.
We may disclose your personal information, without notice, only (1) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or (2) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. You will be able to use our websites and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit. For further information, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We have CCTV cameras operating at The Woodspeen for security reasons which are located on the exterior of the premises. We will not disclose any footage which identifies individuals to third parties except to prevent or detect a crime, prosecute or apprehend an offender or where we are required to disclose the information by law.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us on the details listed below.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us on email@example.com or contact us on the address details listed below, however formal identification will be required. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 (cheques to be made payable to WSH and JC Restaurants Limited) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.